Monday, December 6, 2010

Colored Glass

There are a plethora of smalls ways I try to be like her.
Seeing the beauty in the simplicity of colored glass vessels,
Light shining through them, their shape distorting the images seen through them,
These are simple pleasures, simple beauties.
I miss her so much, I have missed her for so long.
Knowing that I will now always miss her
Is sometimes too much to bear.
So I will always have stories for the children,
Always have something for them when they or I visit.
I will always wonder at the sunlight reflecting on frost, snow and ice.
The birds will always captivate my attention and cause me wonder.
My scarf drawer will always be full and available.
I will make bad puns shamelessly.
I will appreciate good fashion sense and try to find my own.
I will never shy away from wearing a hat,
and I will never underestimate the value of a good belt.
Kindness and generosity will always be my intention.
And I will always choose to forgive, I will always choose to love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How Beautiful!!