Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Day!

It's here, May! At last. I love this month! Some of my favorite people were born in this month, Grammy and Helen, just to name a couple. And this May I will graduate. I'm still in shock about this. It is strange, I've been working toward this for nearly five years, and I think knowing that I'm not done even though I am is why I don't know how to feel. I have been accepted to the graduate music program at MSU, and will begin in the fall. That degree will take another two years, and after that I will either apply to do more graduate work, or start working toward a doctorate somewhere. So I have easily 6 more years before I will feel like I'm "done".
But this is a mile stone. Not a small thing. I am not trying to make light of it. I just don't feel like I can take my eyes off that end goal, or the fact that I'll be back at it in a couple months.
I have four more days of classes, then the last final is on the 12th, which is Grammy's birthday. I had wanted to go visit her grave that day, and I may still, we shall see. In so many ways I wish I had done this while she was still completely with us. She always said she was proud of me. Even when I finked out about going to college the first time around. She also always said she would dance at my wedding, as I would protest that there would never be a wedding. She was so right about so many things.
So, in less than two weeks I'll be over a huge hurtle, closing a chapter, and celebrating this accomplishment. Then just over two weeks after that, I will be on my way to visit my sister!!! I can't wait!!

No comments: