Saturday, February 13, 2010

More Pages

Working on this art journal has been fun. I wish I did it everyday. More than once a week at least. I've been thinking it might be neat to incorporate my thought about Dickens and his characters as I go. Reading Oliver now and it is hard sometimes because the situations described are so sad and often the people I read about remind me of people I knew through my dad's ministry. The human state. But the contrasts he gives are so poignant and beautiful it makes the whole story more bearable.
Last night I went with some friends to a local belly dance hafla. It was a blast! I love seeing women dance and embrace their will and beauty through dance. More on that later. Below is a photo of the beginnings of a project long over due. Most of that stuff is what I coved the walls of the various rooms I occupied in my early adult years.

No comments: