Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Vacation, Oh, you are lovely!

I love these kids. I didn't take enough pictures of them. Not nearly enough. Certainly not enough to last me another year, which is how long it has been since I'd last seen them. If I were to make one complaint about my sister it would be that there are not enough pictures of her genius children. But now that I've spent a week with them and it's fresh in my mind I can appreciate the sheer lack of time for playing photographer! They are so full of life and so smart! And into just about everything. I love them so much. I wish I could see them everyday, or at least once a week. The more time I spend with them and the more I get to know them the more I want to know them, and the more time I want to spend with them.
Even though she doesn't always see it, my sister is doing a great job, I am bursting with pride for her!!! It was so hard to leave Monday morning. Jason had to drive because he could tell I was going to cry. He was right, I still tear up thinking about it. One year is just too too long to go without seeing them. I was glad that we were there for Doug's homecoming, it had been more than a year since I got to see him! The only person we were lacking was dad.
I was mistaken in my previous post about when dad is having tests done. It will be this Friday. I know he will be glad when mom is back home from Virginia and they can enjoy her retirement!
Today was our first full day in Illinois. We are staying with Jason's family for a few days before getting home. This whole trip has been so relaxing and a joy. Tomorrow we get to go to the botanical gardens!!! I can't wait!

No comments: