Sunday, August 28, 2011

Designing

I think this tray was intended to be a ravioli mold, but it works well as a color pallet too. This is the color scheme for two of the purses I've made thus far. I don't feel like I'm accomplishing enough. But I know even the poky puppy gets there eventually, and if I just keep at it, I'll get there.
Why do I need to keep poking along?
Jason and I are hoping to be among the crafters selling theirs goods at the Iron Horse Festival on Oct. 1. I say hoping because they haven't got back with us to confirm our place. It will be one day, and our first attempt at something like this. So I think we are both coming at it with the idea that this is an experiment. Hopefully a productive and good one!
One of the things I'll be selling are hand made purses made from recycled, or upcycled jeans. I'll also be putting them on Etsy when they are finished. Soon I'll post pictures of some of what I've done thus far.
I'll also have hats and button jewelry for sale. Beyond that I don't think I can go. Not with grad school in full swing. :)
Jason has been working away on all things wooden. I am so proud of him. We are both mostly work, work, work right now. It's a tad exhausting, but it feels good to see what we've produced and to know we are working toward our goals.

No comments: