Tuesday, May 19, 2009

BABIES!!!

So these go in reverse, this is one of our babies just 10 days after we could see their little beaks above the nest! Jason took this one, he got on the grass for a close up. I think this was 7 days after we could first see their beaks. They grow SO FAST!! Feed Me! This is three days after first seeing their beaks. Adorable! I am completely smitten. And sad that they aren't in the nest anymore. But yesterday the mama brought one in the back yard while I was out there. The baby got very close to me, just hop, hop hopped up to me like he knew me! Mom was close at hand and making sure I didn't do anything dangerous. So I just said hi and told him I was so happy he was doing well and learning to fly and feed himself. Jason wants to get a birdbath out there and set up a feeding station. I have some of Grammy's bird feeders, thinking about continuing the birdhouse collecting tradition too, we shall see. We also got our garden started. We have 4 tomatoes, 8 peppers, 4 eggplants, a bunch of onions, carrots, radishes, spinach, beans and peas, zucchini and okra. Also rosemary, 3 kinds of basil, 2 kinds of thyme, dill, tarragon, savory, oregano and sage. I don't think I left anything out. And of course, lavender and peppermint. And I want more herbs, hopefully soon. :) Jason was happy that all it takes is some dirt and plants and I'm ecstatic! He is so wonderful. And his back is so much better, still not 100%, but he worked so hard out there with me, and we took turns mowing. Life is pretty great.

No comments: