Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hold on Tight

Yesterday I made a calendar to hang on the garage door in the kitchen. It is eight weeks long, beginning tomorrow and going through the month of May. Jason asked me to write out all the things I have going on so he knows what to expect, and I think so he can help me to stay focused. I am struggling to focus.
The sun is shining, the birds are singing, the garden wants me to work in it, there is a room full of projects just waiting for me to come and begin or finish them. These are the things I want to fill my time doing.
Not writing papers. Not reading for school. Not preparing for exit exams.
But this week I will give two presentations, turn in two papers, and take two exit exams.
I should be worried about the general exam, but I don't have time. I will take it and do as well as I do. The music exam is the one I want to ace, which means brushing up on my ear training, among other things.
On top of all of this, I have 5, count them, no, 6 choir rehearsals in the next two weeks, and will attend approx. 7 recitals.
So, you can see why he wanted a calendar.
I expect to hear back from the two remaining schools in the next couple weeks. I received letters from WashU, Virginia, and North Carolina, all along the lines of thank you but we can't accept everyone who applies... I'm not surprised. A little disappointed, but two of those are VERY hard to get into. So, we wait. Limbo is not something I do well, but I have to wonder if anyone does it very well.
That is about all I have right now. It is time to get back to it. I do enjoy what I'm doing. I like the papers I get to write, and I am blessed to have good professors who care about their students. In some ways I will miss being an undergrad, and if we move, I will definitely miss this school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know how well I do in limbo NOT I have no doubt you will get it all done with flying colors You can do it you can do anything. Love you and beleive in you..