Thursday, March 17, 2011

Luckiest Girl

It's true. Jason made this for me. There is a pin on the back, so you better believe I'll be wearing this today!
Jason and I had a talk. He has been concerned about my lack of energy and general not doing too well since I've been on this macrobiotic thing. I have lost about 8lbs, but he tends to think that has more to do with the exercise, and I agree. So after most of 5 weeks I am going to say SO LONG to macrobiotics!
I am going to stay sugar free and avoid highly processed foods. I am going to up my activity and try to spend a significant part of each day exercising.
I gave it a try, not the full six months I was shooting for, but I'm not going to focus on that. Instead, I'm going to be smart and keep eating regular healthful meals and see what happens.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!! This is my favorite holiday. I hope you have a great day today, wherever you are.

3 comments:

Abby said...

I'm really glad to read this! I've been a bit concerned, too. I recommend aiming for plenty of lean protein, and as many fruits and veggies as you can stand. Whole grains are your friends, too.

I really recommend calorie counting simply because it helps me ensure that each calorie counts! It helps me see that empty calories just aren't worth it, especially when I could be eating the same number of calories and actually enjoying a lot more food and nutrients.

Also, I drink coffee every. single. morning. I have zero plans for giving it up. I have one cup, and it really helps me get on my way. Don't do something that you hate so much, or that is so difficult that you'll never stick with it long term. This is your life! Enjoy it (in moderation, of course ;) ) I mean, hey. I just ate a cookie. And then put it down in my daily food log, and will plan the rest of my food today accordingly, haha.

Anyway, I know that's a lot of unsolicited advice. Feel free to disregard all of it :) I just love you a lot, and am so, so, so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

You are blessed!
love papa

Anonymous said...

I really agree with Abby. I was worried when you told me you were doing this and I really got concerned when your energy was not good. I'm glad you chose to listen to your honey and your body. Love you