Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sugar

In this the forth week of trying to eat the macrobiotic way I am lethargic. I think that's the best way to put it. I want to sleep all the time. I've been sleeping this week more than usual. I can go to bed when I want and sleep and sleep, but I still find myself wanting to just sit and do nothing, or sleep and sleep some more. I don't know why. I think I am going to try and force myself to exercise everyday, like taking my medicine everyday.
I feel a physical need for certain things I don't need. Like caffeine and sugar. Sugar is the worst. I didn't get rid of all the sugar in the house, and have had the occasional spoonful. But that spoonful has never made me feel better for long. So I try reading, or watching a show. I am getting rid of the white and brown sugar tonight and am resolved.
I drink water, and keep cold herbal tea in the fridge. I also have juice. I have found that the tea makes a lot of difference, and that sometimes just having some hot tea when I think I need coffee distracts me from that craving so I can do whatever I need to do.
But I am bothered by my lack of motivation to do much. I was shocked at how well I worked last night. I got that room done, and am anxious to get in there and organize the bead drawers. I hope this lasts. I hope I can keep this up and that it makes a difference.
This is my art journal. It is great for experimenting with colors and techniques. I started this sometime before Christmas, I am not done, in fact I have added to it since I took this picture last night. I will post another when it is done.

No comments: